Strony

 

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Today's post will be rather short, but I came to the conclusion that I enjoy those the most - they do not include all those unnecessary comments and add ups, and are way more real, and way more my style. So I just wanted to share a few thoughts regarding myself and Christmas:))

Being ansolutely honest, nothing makes me more happy than the Christmas spirit. The decorations shopping, decorating my room - and absolutely going all out with it. Nothing lightens my mood more than the fact that I can drink a ton of Christamssy tea, gløgg, or eat æbleskriver while watching a good Christmas movie. 

One of those this year was The Christmas Setup, and I can't even explain how happy I was with the movie. We all get so used to seeing the typical "the main character is confused, visits family, meets her guy/girl, blah blah, and they end up together", and don't get me wrong, I love those too, but they lacked representation for me, which this movie provied, being the first LGBTQ-themed Christmas movie. 

And not gonna lie, made me tear up at the end, not only because it was absolutely adorable, but also because, in a way, I felt a connection to it.
***
This year being the first time I am spending my Christmas prep time living alone, far from my family, I discovered how insanely important it is to cherish who we are, and focus on what we truly want. This gave me the opportunity to engage into different experiences and activities with my international friends, and allowed me to truly not care what others could think, by taking matters into my own hands.

Fun fact: I absolutely love seeing Christmas decor and light in the city, so you could catch me going to the city center often a few times a week, just to enjoy it (this week it was 5 times for example). Because at the end of the day, what we should do during the Christmas time, is what makes us endlessly happy😊🎄

Merry Christmas!



No comments